Sunday, October 23, 2005

Leaders.

The Woodlands Primary School's Prefect Pledge
We, the prefects of Woodlands Primary School,
pledge to serve the school to the best of our ability.
We shall do our duties impartially without fear our favour.
We shall treat every pupil with respect regardless of race or religion.
We shall dilligently uphold the good reputation of the school.

I suddenly thought of this when I was writing my council speech. Couldnt remember anything after the second line at first, then went to ask my sister. When she started to recite the second line, I suddenly remembered! How many of the graduated prefects can remember this pledge that they had to say in front of the school during assembly with me leading them? I bet, and quite sad to say, not many.

How many people actually remember this during the course of their life as a prefect? Not many, I guess. If not, there wouldn't be people who skipped duty, turn up late, break school rules etc. Maybe to some people it is a tall order to follow, but I think it should be a responsiblilty that you have to take. It is the price to pay for being a leader, and people should think carefully about this responsibility before taking any leadership roles.

Now. Council elections are on Monday. I'm almost finished with my speech. While writing the speech, some thoughts flashed through my mind. Will I be able to take up such a huge responsibility? I sure hope so. And I really want to get elected. I know people say negative stuff about council, but having taken part in some activities and going through the planning process with the councillors themselves have convinced me that my desicion is a correct one. The councillors are one great bunch of people; you should see them having fun together!

Oh well. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home